As with many everyday substances such as food or medicines, hair colourants can cause an allergic reaction. It is important that we carry out a skin allergy test for all new clients at least 48 hours prior to your colour application, even if you have used a hair colourant before.
Of course it’s voluntary but we highly recommend it! The test will take approximately 15 minutes, and is complimentary. Also available for existing clients should you wish – please don’t hesitate to ask!
What does a skin allergy test involve?
1. Your stylist will use a cotton bud to apply a thin layer of the raw colouring product on clean skin behind the right ear, reapplying 2 – 3 times.
2. Once the dye is completely dry you’ll be allowed to leave the salon. Please DO NOT wash off.
3. If, at any stage during this process you feel discomfort – stinging, itching, redness, swelling, remove product immediately.
4. When you return to the salon we will assess your tested area, then proceed with your fabulous colour!!
Please also let us know if you:
• Have previously experience a reaction to a hair colourant;
• Have a sensitive, itchy or damaged scalp.
Thanks and we look forward to seeing you soon!